Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Is it Explosious?

This was a title of the very first blog I did on VA On The Bay, my blog for mainly work-related issues. It is an expression my son uses if he in nervous about something. He is On The Spectrum, he is a high-functioning autistic boy and totally gorgeous.

I am going to blog about his story, the achievements he makes (and he has already come a long way) as he goes through his life and perhaps give some encouragement to parents and families who find that autism comes into their life. It's a very positive story, it's explosious, but it needn't be scary.

2 comments:

mike george said...

thanks for your post. I see a lot of me in your son's experiences... it reminds me a lot of my childhood. i'm 44, so, my parents really didn't know what they were dealing with. I'm glad society is more educated now, and parents can comprehend and understand why their kids may do and say what they do.

wishing you all the best!

mike george

Anonymous said...

My Brother has Austism.

Thanks for your bloging it makes me feel a whole lot better.

Dark Horse